- Impetigo is a bacterial infection of the surface of the skin.
- Impetigo is more common in children than in adults.
- The two types of impetigo are non-bullous and bullous impetigo.
- Impetigo symptoms and signs include
- small blisters,
- dark or honey-colored crust that forms after the pustules burst.
- Impetigo is contagious and is caused by strains of both staph and strep bacteria.
- Impetigo is not serious and is easy to treat with either prescription topical or oral antibiotics. Scarring is very rare.
Define Common Diseases
Asthma Health Center helps you find information, definitaions and treatement options for most common diseases, sicknesses, illnesses and medical conditions. Find what diseases you have quick and now.